How to Setup a Netgear Orbi WiFi System through Mobile App?
To Set up the Netgear Orbi WiFi Mesh System you need to use the following steps:
1. Unplug the modem from the power source and if it is on battery, you can remove the battery from your modem and unplug the Orbi Router as well.
2. Plugin the Power source to your modem or put the battery in your modem.
3. You need to Plug in the RJ45 Ethernet cable to your modem and the other end of the cable plug into your Orbi Router at the backside of it.
4. Make sure the ethernet cable needs to plug into your Yellow Port of Netgear Orbi.
5. Now please connect the power source of your WiFi Orbi Router.
6. If it doesn’t show the light on the Orbi, press the Power ON/OFF button on your Orbi.
Download the NETGEAR Orbi App in your Smartphone from Google play store/IOS Store.
NOTE: Your Phone needs to have Android and IOS Processor inbuilt in it.
7. After that you can try to connect with Orbi WiFi Network, for that, you can go to the settings of your Mobile phone under WiFi Setting you can see the WiFi Name through which you need to connect your mobile device.
8. For Wireless Name and Password you have to look at your router where you can see SSID Name and Network Security Key.
9. To download Orbi App, you need to visit “Orbi-app.com” or you can also scan the QR Code from your Router.
10. Once Netgear Orbi App Installed, you can open your application where you get a Setup Wizard screen and it will start detecting the type of Internet connection.
12. Make sure your modem needs to be on at the time of setup of the Orbi Router and your router will detect the type of Internet.
13. Dynamic IP Address
Static IP Address
PPPoE DSL Connection
Further, when it detects the internet and it will take you to Wireless settings. You can change the Wireless name and Wireless Password and click on Save.
14. Now, it asks you for Satellite Connection, if you want to add a satellite with your Orbi router just click on add a Satellite.
15. It will detect the satellite automatically and get connected with the Router.
16. And it will try to connect with NETGEAR Server to get a new update for the Router.
17. You can register your Netgear Orbi Router and Finish with the Setup Process.
18. You can connect your devices with WiFi.